Its the first Friday of the month this week so it’s comedy night at the Southgate Club but fear not blues lovers, our blues jam is back on Sunday 4th December with free admission to card carrying St Harmonica’s Blues Club members. Our apologies to all you jammers out there that we haven’t hosted a jam at the club since the summer but we’re back for the December Jam, last of 2022, where the house band, joined for the evening by Professor Steve Taylor on keyboards, will kick off proceedings at 7.00pm.
Under the watchful eyes of Vera and Terry Duggan combinations of singers and players will be assembled to perform 3 song sets for you. The results are often magnificent.
Sign in on arrival, ideally before 7.00pm, with name and preferred instrument. We'll supply the drums, keyboard, amps, and PA. as well as DI boxes for the odd acoustic instrument. We will endeavour to swap or sanitize microphones between performances, but singers are welcome to bring their own.
Queensbury Jamming Rules apply:
- the singer calls the tune, decides the key, and dishes out the solos;
- players: please unpack your instrument, tune up and have everything ready before it's your turn to play;
- solos are generally 2 verses long, unless the singer decides otherwise;
- sets are 3 songs (unless we're running out of time, or your songs are 10 mins long);
- if you aren't a drummer or keyboard player, bring your own instrument. Drummers, do bring your own sticks!
Audience members are also vital to the whole proceedings, and extremely welcome! We’ll provide a mince pie for everyone on the evening given that it will be early December1 gig
|7pm - 11.15pm||FREE!|