Prince Of Wales, Wimbledon [Pub]
The Prince of Wales was formerly a 17th century coaching inn, frequently visited by Dick Turpin during his highway man years. The old cellar in the pub, now known as Bertie’s Bar, Kitchen and Courtyard was previously built to shelter travellers’ horses. Opening Berties in 1971 involved demolishing much of the original stonework and now only the cobbles beneath the flagstones remain as a reminder of the past. Built in 1870, the house only became known as the Prince of Wales after 1891 when 20,000 British soldiers were paraded before the Kaiser on Wimbledon Common ---- Warning: this venue page has not been claimed by the venue. Gigs listed for this venue on Lemonrock have not been checked for correctness by any representative of this venue. You are therefore advised to make sure about dates, times, and entry fees published. Lemonrock assumes no responsibility for incorrect information on any page. This page was originally created by The Junkyard Dogs in order to post a gig.
Venue Contact Details
|Name||Prince Of Wales|
2 Hartfield Road, Wimbledon, London SW19 3TA
|Nearest tube station||Wimbledon|
|Tel||Tel: 020 8946 5369|
Accessibility details unknown.
This venue page has not been claimed by the venue. Last updated 30 October 2017.